Create a self-portrait with Winsor and Newton Galeria Cotman or Winton colours
In order to be eligible to win, the applicant must send an email application including the following information:
o A typed curriculum vitae no longer than 1 A4 page (max 600 words) including name, email address, university name and course(s) currently enrolled in, years of tertiary study already completed preferred media.
o The name and contact details of a lecturer who the student has nominated as a referee. Accompanying colour jpeg images of their submitted artwork, no less than 2 and no more than 4 artworks, which demonstrate artist ability
o The artist should put the W&N material used for the Artwork next to the artwork or on the photo as an evidence that it has been done with our material
o Email applications must be no larger than 5MB per student (No postal applications will be accepted).
o As part of submitting their portraits, applicants should submit a written piece that describes how they have pushed themselves and their materials outside of their normal practice. The written piece should hold equal merit to the portrait entry i.e. judging will be 50% portrait and 50% written description.
In this challenge, you should create a self-portrait to be eligible. The majority of the illustration will have to be created with Galeria, Winton or Cotman colours.
ColArt retains the right to refuse works that do not conform to these terms and conditions
Works must be created in one of the following sizes: A4, A3, 9”x12” or 11”x14”
The first winner will be rewarded with R6500 (retail value) worth of Winsor and Newton materials.
The University or School the 1st winner is coming from will be rewarded with R13 000 (retail value) worth of Winsor and Newton materials.
3 runners up will win one set of Winton, Cotman or Galeria each.
• 1st winners from each country will have the
opportunity to win a trip for 2 to London for 3 days to visit our Winsor and Newton HQ and visit some galleries. One winner will be selected to win this prize by a jury based in London. The total value of the trip will be £3000 (including flights and hotels) and will be valid for 12 months.
HOW TO ENTER
Submission deadline is 30 September 2017 23.59 GMT
No hard copy applications will be accepted, nor entries
submitted on Facebook, Twitter or any other platform other.
• The work must be entirely the entrant’s original idea and creation and it must not infringe someone else’s copyright or other intellectual property rights
• The work must be lawful. It must not be offensive, obscene, racist, insulting, discriminating or otherwise objectionable and it must not contain any form of advertising
• The number of entries per person is limited to one
• By submitting an application, the entrant promises that all of
the information in the application is correct
• ColArt is not responsible if applications are not
received for whatever reason
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
• The competition is open to any artist over the age of 16 or over.
• Participant must be a student studying Visual Art, Fine Art or Design.
Both undergraduate and postgraduate applications are welcome. • Employees (and their families) of ColArt and anyone connected
with the competition are not eligible
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
• Entrants retain ownership of copyright of their submissions • Should ColArt wish to use entrant’s drawing for marketing
purposes, ColArt will first need to obtain written permission from the artist in order to do so
• If ColArt is unable to contact any winner within 3 weeks of announcing the winners, the prize lapses and ColArt reserves the right to select alternative winners in its discretion
• The entrant promises to comply with these terms and conditions and any other competition requirements specified by ColArt (whether on its website or otherwise) and ColArt reserves the right to exclude any entry which in its opinion does not comply
• The entrant will be liable for any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage suffered by ColArt arising from the artist’s breach of this agreement
• In all matters arising in connection with the competition, ColArt’s decision shall be final
• ColArt reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter these terms and conditions if it considers that it has good reason to do so
• These terms and conditions are governed by English law and any disputes will be decided only by the courts of the United Kingdom
• Winners of the 1st round will be announced on end of November and winner of the 2nd round will be announced beginning of 2018